Friday, August 19, 2005

So thoughtful it's scary

That could be a descriptive phrase for Josh. Not only is he considerate and generous enough to give me sweet gifts in the first place, but he goes above and beyond by coming up with creative gifts that I really, honest to goodness, LIKE! I'm easy to please, I suppose, but Josh manages to devise gifts that let me know he understands who I am and what makes me happy. Truly astonishing, but it gives me a bit of a wiggins. I mean, if he knows me this well, does he know my darkest secrets (for example, the fifteen teenage-girl minutes that I thought Rider Strong was sort of cute)?

Exhibit A in gift-giving: Stationery from Alden Grace. Not only is it pretty, just the color and style I'd have selected if given the choice, but it also supports the fact that I love writing letters and keeping in touch with my friends and family by ghetto-style snail mail.

Exhibit B: After a stressful meeting with the current bane of my existence, Josh gave me a verbal hug of a greeting card and a basket full of the obscure, beloved lotion (and assorted other girly goodies) I had just talked to him about running out of. Totally timely and a definite mood improver.

Exhibit C: The Clay Aiken calendar. How did he know of my passion for crowd-pleasing redheaded crooners with lips to die for? Hubba hubba!

Okay, that last one's a lie. But Josh has a gift for gift-giving, and I am one lucky lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home