Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm dreaming of a gray Christmas

Hey, I'm realistic. I know a California girl like me can't hope for a white Christmas unless the threat of nuclear winter rears its ugly head. So if Jack Frost can't be bothered to stop by for a visit, what about Jack Rain? Jack Fog? Jack Thundercloud? (Note to self: good Indian name.) Right now the only one visiting is Jack Crap if the sunny view out my window is any indication. I could do with some inclement weather, ASAP. That's what gets me in the holiday mood.

But if the weather refuses to comply, Josh supplies holiday cheer in spades. Days after Thanksgiving, our apartment was already bedecked with garlands, various Santa paraphernalia, and some truly kick-ass holiday plates. Then on Sunday, we purchased our very own Christmas tree and all the adornments. Check it.



It's not the bitchin' tree it could be, since Josh and I haven't yet built up much of an ornament collection--most of our shopping took place right before we got the tree. Even so, the sight of it twinkling away in the corner of my eye brings a smile to my face. I want to give it a hug, but sap and stabby needle concerns prevent me from following through.

To keep the holiday train rollin', Josh and I are planning a whole Christmas movie-fest over the next couple weeks. Here's what we've got so far:

It's A Wonderful Life
Elf
Gremlins
(I'm told this occurs during Christmas)
"Christmas Classics" - Rudolph, etc.
Home Alone (I & II)
White Christmas
National Lampoon's Christmas
Muppet Christmas Carol
Jingle All The Way
The Ref
Bad Santa
Scrooged
SNL Christmas Special
Charlie Brown Christmas


I know I'm forgetting to list some. What am I missing? Help a sister out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home