Wednesday, November 02, 2005

All Time Top Five (subject to change on a whim)

In the great tradition of High Fidelity, I've been thinking about my top five songs of all time. All time, being, of course, the past 23 years, which really isn't very long, especially in terms of geological time, so I really have no business whatsoever in making a list of this sort, but we all know lists of these sorts are completely at the mercy of personal preference, so I will give it a shot. Whew.

After the first one, the order is pretty flexible.

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (liked it before ...Say Anything)
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow (just don't ask me to sing it karaoke)
Nature Boy (instrumental) - Stephane Grapelli
The Heart Asks Pleasure First (The Piano Theme) - Michael Nyman

And since I can't make a decision to save my life, how 'bout I round it out to a full ten?

Sleep to Dream - Fiona Apple
Tu Trouveras - Natasha St Pier (thanks, Murielle!)
Everlong - Foo Fighters (Dave Letterman's favorite!)
The Scientist - Coldplay
God Give Me Strength - Kristen Vigard (from Grace of My Heart)

And sometimes, if I'm in the right mood, I'll absolutely dig:

Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Sere Nere - Tiziano Ferro
The Power of Goodbye - Madonna
On Your Porch - The Format
Let's Stay Together - Al Green

What else do I like? What do you like? Tell me what I'm forgetting. I feel like I need some booty-shakers, but they just aren't coming to mind...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oooooohhhhh Girrrrrrlllll....Have I got some booty-shakers for you:

(These are in no particular order...)

~The Humpty Dance (Digital Underground)
~Girlfriend (N*Sync)
~LaLa (Ashley Simpson)
~Naughty Girl (Beyonce)
~No Diggity (Blackstreet)
~Hit 'em Up Style (Blue Cantrell)
~Toxic (Britney Spears)
~Too Much (Dave Matthews Band)
~Bootylicious (Destiny's Child)
~Boom! Shake the Room (DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince)
~What are you Waiting For? (Gwen Stefani)
~Coconut (Harry Nilsson) - This is more of a booty swaying dance
~Proud Mary (Ike & Tina Turner)
~Play (Jennifer Lopez)
~Rock your Body (Justin Timberlake)
~Milkshake (Kelis)
~Since U Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson)
~Shook you all Night Long (Kiss)
~Can't Get You Outta My Head (Kylie Minogue)
~All I Want it Everything (Minday McCready)
~Kerosene (Miranda Lambert)
~Brother Love's Travelin' Salvation Show (Neil Diamond)
~Like a Feather (Nikka Costa)
~Buttons (Pussy Cat Dolls)
~What I Like About You (The Romantics)
~Boombastic (Shaggy)
~I Ain't No Quitter (Shania Twain)
~Say You'll be There (Spice Girls)
~Yeah! (Usher)
~California Love (Tupac & Dr. Dre)

Now THAT is an ass-shakin' list!!
Enjoy and shake that thang!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home