Monday, January 09, 2006

A Hotlanta Holiday: Part II

Post-Christmas, my visit was all about the mellow. Watching Veronica Mars. Eating. Playing games. Creating bizarre hairstyles for each other. Raking leaves. Going to buy shoes. Watching more Veronica Mars. Eating more. Reading The Brothers K. Singing Lazy Sunday to myself. Chillin' like a villain.



Funny thing is, I like that sort of stuff. My mom has a veritable forest in her backyard, and it was nice to get some physical activity goin' on. See how excited I was to rake! (Kindly refrain from any comments about hoeing.)

We also (shock!) left the house to watch The Family Stone, which I absolutely loved. It was funny without being cheap and touching without being melodramatic. True, you could see some twists coming a mile away, but the point wasn't the plot, it was the interactions of the characters. Plus, sign language! Lovely.

The trip was even capped off nicely - on the plane ride home there were two movies (Cinderella Man and Sky High). True, I only watched one of them (you guess which), but that's because I was seated next to an adorable two and a half year old girl named Ella who was completely fascinated by me and talked to me nonstop until she fell asleep 3/4 of the way into the flight. She was such a cutie, at the fun age Drew's at now, that the flight passed quickly and pleasantly (much to her father's relief).

Then I was back home with Snugglebear, and ready to enjoy a closet cleaning with Nilofer and New Year's Eve with Josh and his homies. Good times! Of course, I'm right back to missing Mom. How could you not miss this woman? She is ten kinds of awesome.



If you look closely, you can see that her champagne glass says "#1 Mom." Word.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

LOVING the pictures...

First off, the hat in your "hoe-ing" pictures is super cute!

Second...how adorable is your mom! Love that picture...she looks angelic but with a hint of, "Don't cross me...I'm sneaky!" Ahhh...just the right combo! And it seems she has passed that on to you! : )

PS Super excited about TEXAS?!?!?!?!!? YEA!!!!!!!!!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home