Monday, December 12, 2005

Don't mess with my trip to Texas

Now, ordinarily I wouldn't classify myself as a lover of the Lone Star state. Heck, it would be hard to characterize myself as even marginally enthused about visiting a place that's gung-ho about rodeos, guns, and gravy.

But my obsession with a little show I like to call Veronica Mars has made all that a thing of the past. My ardor for that fair state has increased tenfold, all because I get to be a part of a fantastic event at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas in downtown Austin, Texas: the Veronica Mars panel and Sneak Peek.

I know schlepping out to Texas for a weekend in January just for the sake of a piddly little fan event is pretty darn obsessed fangirly of me. But you know what? I don't care. I just felt like doing something spontaneous and random and silly. And I'm not at all ashamed. Plus, I've heard Austin is actually a pretty cool city, so I'm looking forward to roaming around there a bit and just generally indulging my desire to try new things and explore new places.

So...what should I do in Austin? And more importantly...who's coming with me? ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

It's all about the benjamins, baby!

Okay, it's actually about the moo-lah AND work...course, it might be a different work by the time Texas rolls around...

Still can't convince Josh to go? I'm tellin' ya...get him drunk! He'll do ANYTHING! ha ha ha

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home