Friday, August 01, 2008

The...months in culture: June 16 -July 27

Watched:
Penelope
Seasons 1-4 of Lost
Iron Man again
Open Range

Read:
Cotillion by Georgette Heyer
In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich
Lapsing into a Comma by Bill Walsh
The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
The Stuff of Thought by Steven Pinker
Confucius Lives Next Door by T.R. Reid
Letting Go of the Words by Janice Redish
Boomsday by Christopher Buckley
The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
Whew! It was definitely book month for me. I loved it. (And by the way, Mom, that's 6 non-fiction and 4 fiction.)

Heard:
One of the Boys by Katy Perry (darn you Abbey, this is catchy!)

Visited
Umm...since my last post? Eeeks.

Dublin, Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, and San Diego. That brings it up to 6 countries, 3 continents for the year, if North America counts.

Trip reports for those are, I hope, forthcoming.

Site of the months:
Abbey posted about it, but what the heck -- so will I! It's Chic and Charming, and oh boy is it both. It is like The Little Lady Agency as a blog.

Also, I've been on Goodreads a ton. Maybe one of these days I'll actually start writing reviews for it, if I can stop working 16 hours a day.

The months in soccer:
There really hasn't been any, due to all my travels. Ok, there has been one game of pickup. That is it. That isn't nearly enough! I am so looking forward to it this Sunday.

Question of the day:
Should I buy these shoes?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chic and Charming said...

Thanks for the link love! I'm glad you like C&C :)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home