Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bad jokes and good food

I truly apologize for this joke. It popped into my head while I was trying to come up with a title for this post.

What's the title of a Jewish-themed Destiny's Child song?
(Scroll to the bottom of this post for the answer.)

This weekend I had the enormous pleasure of attending Passover dinner at the Veltman's house. Not only that, but I got to bring Sar. High fives and ass-slaps all around! We had a really good time, and in true epicurean tradition we absolutely gorged ourselves on all the excellent food that Josh's mom had prepared (though without the whole gross post-consumption vomiting bit - ew). I didn't mean to eat so much (I know, hard to believe), but when everything tastes so incredibly good, it's really hard to restrain yourself.

On the menu:

- the traditional seder plate
- matzoh ball soup
- the best brisket I've ever eaten
- lemony chicken
- three kinds of kugel: potato, egg noodle, and vegetable
- sugar snap peas
- a plethora of desserts

Believe me, I mean plethora.



From left, we've got:

- strawberry mousse cake
- strawberry sauce (for the cake)
- strawberries
- wine/spice cake (similar to angel food cake)
- flourless chocolate cake with coconuts and carrots
- assorted delicacies including "matzoh crack," macaroons, and luxembourgerlies(sp?)

Sar and I had a really lovely time, and it was very nice of the Veltmans to invite us.

Easter was pretty good, except for the brief period in which I was accosted by a time-traveling 1940's thug/street urchin who thought I wanted to get wise with him. (I didn't.)



And now, the answer you've been waiting for:
"Seder 2 U"

Get it? It's a play on "Cater 2 U". I'm sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Can I just say how jealous I am of the AMAZING food you had...next year I'm inviting myself!! ; )

Bad joke, by the way...

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home