Thursday, August 17, 2006

August is not sweater weather

And yet here I am, all sweatered up. It's actually kind of cold here! There's a breeze. I'm not baking. It's unsettling. Serendipitously, however, it does permit me to sport some of my new clothing acquisitions! I recently went on a Gap binge and bought several sweaters, some flat shoes, and brown pants. I heart the Gap, even if some of their fall clothes are not very characteristically Gap.

- I love articles that predict the success of a relationship based on movie selections. I posted one a couple weeks ago, and here's another good one: Pajiba's Guide to Third-Date Flicks. I like the idea of 'test movies' to gauge whether someone can appreciate the same things you do. I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind might be one. Probably So I Married An Axe Murderer too.

- Oh, and this is sad. I'll miss this babyfishmouth-guessing, Roy Rogers wagon wheel coffee table-owning, "Restaurants are to people in the '80s what theater was to people in the '60s" funnyman.

- On a happier note, I was already thinking of going auburn again this fall. This very credible study might just push me over the edge. What do you think?

- Heath Ledger as the next Joker makes me happy too. Josh isn't so sure he'll be great, figuring Nicholson is the one and only, but I think Heath's got the wicked grin to carry it off. It'll just be a different version. Plus, I bet Carmen won't be bummed by the casting. :)

- Oh, and since a bunch of you probably don't read my TV Blog but seem sorta curious what I think of movies, you can go read my review of The Illusionist on that blog. It was a fun evening -- the director was super nice (signed poster!), Sar likes Nu-Go Organic bars (just like me!), and Edward Norton is an attractive man (drool!). The end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Okay, why are we the same person?

I was just thinking this week that I should go red soon. I was still playing with the idea today when I saw a pic of Debra Messing's hair that I am going to try to emulate when it grows out.

Oh the red is beautiful! (And apparently SEXY...and getting Laid!)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home