Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Eeek...TV uncertainty!

In a very interesting turn of events, television-wise, it's just been announced that the WB and UPN are consolidating into one network beginning this fall. Crazy! There aren't too many details at this point, but we know the new "CW" network will be jointly owned by both Warner Brothers and CBS, and will draw on programming from both the WB and UPN.

Of course, that definitely makes me wonder about the fate of some of my favorite shows. Gilmore Girls? Probably staying, if this show keeps going after this season. Everwood? Who knew if that would be renewed anyway...we'll have to find out later. Veronica Mars? Damn well better be renewed or Dawn Ostroff and Les Moonves are going to feel some serious fangirl wrath. America's Next Top Model? You better bet they're gonna keep milking that sucker.

Both networks continue broadcasting independently until September, when the new network will launch. I imagine we'll know more about their schedule before that happens, as the launch will likely be accompanied by much trumpeting and fanfare.

Happily, Warner and CBS said that the prime time programming will target the 18-34 age group. That's me! I feel so loved and appreciated. I'm lucky I'm profitable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

How did I know that you would have a post on this? : )

Well, I am beyond anxious to see what shows make it and which ones don't. AND I'm VERY anxious to see if I will get this new network. As you know I DO get the WB, but am saddened that I do NOT get UPN. So...I guess it's a wait and see game!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home