Saturday, March 10, 2007

Change. It's what's for dinner.

This post was written a while ago (try Feb 26) but I didn't get the picture uploaded until just now. So travel back into the past with me, why don't you?

Almost immediately after I returned from Dublin, I up and switched locations at work. We've moved to a new building, pretty distant from the main campus. It's a bummer in terms of the walk to the main campus, which is now a good 15-20 minutes away in proper footwear (let's not even talk about wearing heels). And it doesn't have a cafe yet (yes, I'm spoiled, I already know) so I've been eating fairly unhealthy because I don't have easy access to my beloved make-your-own salads.

However, the office that I now share with a couple other coworkers is pretty nice. It's spacious and light, owing to the lovely large windows that cover one side and offer a pretty sweet view. I'm not the best picture taker, and it really merits a panoramic photo since the windows are so wide, but you get and idea of how far you can see into the distance.

It's nice being able to look out the window into the world and see that, hey, there are other things that exist besides just my computer! Kind of a wacky idea, I know, but after staring at a monitor for hours, sometimes you get a little crazy.

One small demerit:

I've just realized that the head honcho offices are directly opposite from the bathrooms on my floor. Um, I don't really want my department VP knowing how often I pee, if that's cool? Looks like I'll be heading downstairs in future, or flirting with dehydration...

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

The view is def. an upgrade from the last place, but such a serious bummer that it is a rough walk in a cute pair of shoes.

And the thing about the bathroom... totally understand!! Would not like to share my bathroom info with management!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Julie, please don't flirt with dehydration. I never want you to suffer a uti. OK?

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home