Monday, March 26, 2007

City livin'

I've been promising to deliver the pictures of my new apartment for those of you folks who aren't near enough to come visit it. Now, at long last, here they are!

So you walk in, right? There's a half-bath to your right, and the kitchen to your left. We've got the standard dishwasher, fridge, and stove. (Unfortunately it's not gas, but what can you do?) Happily, there's more counter space than our last place, but we seem to be filling it up fairly well already. There's less food storage space, but I guess that means we just have to buy more fresh fruit and less packaged crackers...though I will admit a recent weakness for Fritos Honey BBQ Twists. Shameful, I know.

Keep going past the kitchen, and you'll be heading into the main room, with the dining area on your left. If you turned right, you'd head downstairs to the master bedroom.


Keep going past the dining area and you head straight into the living room/couch mecca. Yeah, our big beige L-couch didn't fit up the staircase into our new apartment, so we had to say sayonara to it. After several Crate and Barrel visits, we acquired a new couch and two new swively chairs. They are satisfyingly comfy and a nice change from our previous behemoth. You can't exactly tell from the photo, but the main room has high ceilings with skylights, giving it an open, airy feel that I love.


Josh also has his own nook to the right of the TV. It's not as nook-like as it could be, but it's convenient if we want to check something internetty while upstairs. (Aren't the shelves nifty? He put them up himself. My boy is handy.)

Walk past the TV and you'll head down the stairs that lead to the office/exercise room. The previous tenants were using this as the master bedroom, but it doesn't have any door to close it off from the upstairs, so we nixed that plan. It does, however, have great light during the day, and enough space for my desk as well as all our various exercise equipment. Nice compromise, though I do miss my old pseudo-nook just a smidge.










It's a bit of a mess right now, but once we get the desk cleaned off, I think the plan is for Josh and I to share it. Ish. I am fairly territorial. ;)

Downstairs we also have the lovely washer and dryer (a definite plus for this place!) and a couple bathrooms, which means that Josh and I each have one. This works out well since I like to work out in the mornings so it lets him sleep in without all my fluttering about and dressing and occasional blowdrying and whatnot.

And last we come to the bedroom, which has a glorious view of the roof of Gordon Biersch. Yes, this is rather convenient. The bedroom isn't too interesting, but it's got enough room for our enormous bed, space for the TV, and even a nook for a bookshelf, since we have so damn many books.









And that's the place! So far I've really been enjoying its proximity to everything. Josh and I head out to trivia nights at local pub The Rose and Crown. We do the block-and-a-half trek to Whole Foods for yummy sandwiches and fruit. The library is barely two blocks away (though unfortunately not open on Sundays, my preferred book time). I'm taking Italian lessons maybe 5 or 6 blocks away.

Right now I can even hear the rain on the skylights up here. That's one of my favorite sounds in the world. As you can imagine, I'm pretty satisfied.

1 Comments:

Blogger car said...

hey fake sis.

WOW. You have a great apartment. I'm impressed.

Also, when is the aforementioned trip to San Diego? Is this a business trip?

Anyway. Hope you're having a great week. =0)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home