Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The weeks in culture: Jan. 28 - Feb. 10

Watched:
Eastern Promises - really smart and suspenseful. highly recommended if you can stand the violence (or if, like me, you know when to avert your eyes)
Un Coeur en Hiver - one of the best movie titles ever I think
Assorted episodes of Newsradio, seasons 1-3 - I forgot how funny this is
Assorted episodes of Ghost Whisperer - JLH hair: lovely; not a show that really strains the brain in any way

Heard:
Not much of anything...what do you recommend these days? I guess I've been listening to the Dixie Chicks' two most recent CDs; those never get old.

Read:
The Undecided Voter's Guide to the Next President by Mark Halipern
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Spectated:
Warriors v. Bulls (a game we should've won)
So, so many games on TV. Julie has turned into a veritable b-ball addict. It's like I don't even recognize myself...and must therefore be referred to in the third person.

The week in soccer:
Rained out one week, and a high-scoring loss the next week. We played on a new field that did not have any lines. It also had long wet grass that soaked through the socks and left me with sodden, stinky feet. Now my car even smells. Eeeeew. Looking forward to next week and the faux-grass field again. And maybe actually scoring a darn point!

Cultural tidbit of delight:
I don't get particularly into the whole political debate. I think people should vote, but they're welcome to their own opinions and don't need me to critize their beliefs or how they want the government to spend their money. However, I will say: Moustaches + politics = awesome.

Uber-cuteness of the week (via Sara):
Baby polar bears! HUG HUG HUG DEATH

*Stay tuned for a subsequent trip report that got too long to be part of the "visited" section of this post...

1 Comments:

Blogger Macque Pere said...

In "Eastern Promises", you get to see Viggo's schlong too, aside from the violence.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home