Thursday, January 03, 2008

Guess what I saw this morning?

A tumbleweed.

I was driving to work this morning and just passing the big empty field next to Charleston Park when I saw it bouncing into the road, propelled by the high winds heralding an impending storm. (We've got some lovely dark clouds now too.) I think it must've come from the field -- there's a lot of dry brush and whatnot there -- and it was heading towards Shoreline Amphitheater. Maybe it wanted to see a show.

Why do I like tumbleweeds? I don't know. There is no logical reason. Maybe because they seem like such a goofy phenomenon. Maybe because they remind me of long childhood road trips with my family through otherwise unbroken, boring terrain. Maybe because I have somehow oddly anthropomorphized them into having 'aw shucks' travelin' cowboy personalities.

I'm kind of weird, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Yes, you're weird...but, hey, that's what I like aboutcha...

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home