Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The good, the bad, and the bloody

The good: I got a massage today. I love massages. I tend to get pretty tense in my back when I am stressed or worried about things, and it's great to have someone get in there and pummel it out of you. Massages are such a treat, an indulgence. I don't get them very often, but I got one today for a specific reason.

The bad: Mom left today. I knew I'd be bummed, so I scheduled the massage a few weeks ago when I knew I would need a bit of a pick-me-up. Past Julie was right: Future Julie was totally sad to see Mom go. It was great having her here for the last week. I eat a lot, laugh a lot, drive a lot, talk a lot, and just have a freakin' lot of fun. I'm sure if she lived here all the time I'd gain ten pounds because I wouldn't exercise as much and I'd eat all her delicious food. But I'd be pudgy and happy.

The bloody: I donated blood today. It is such a weird and uncomfortable experience, just thinking about what is going on while the needle's in there, but definitely rewarding to know you are doing something that is going to have such a positive and irreplaceable effect on someone. This was only my second time doing it, but I already felt calmer knowing how the process works and what to expect. I'm usually in and out pretty fast -- this time it was a pint in 6 minutes -- so at least I get it over with quickly. I'm glad I did it.

So what were the good, bad, and fill-in-the-blank of your Tuesday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Good for you giving blood! I can't give blood...I pass out. In fact, I almost pass out when only giving a blood sample. That's lots of fun, btw.

So Sad that your mom is gone again. SAD!!! She's so awesome!

Yea for massages! I was just rereading my own blog post about us doing a spa thing months and months ago and I got a hankerin' for a massage. We need to plan a day when we get massages, hair cuts, and (eek!) a dye job! (Can I really do it??? I don't know!!!)

PS YOu have been writing on here A LOT lately! What's up with that?? I'm loving it!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home