Thursday, January 14, 2010

Awesome + awesome = ?

I am a girl, so I like fairy tales (most of them). My favorite fairy tale is Rapunzel. Though there are numerous variations, I like the one which ends with the blinded prince wandering the forest till Rapunzel finds him, and her tears cure his blindness. Then, of course, they have their happily-ever-after. I always found that rather poetic and lovely.

On a completely unrelated note, I really like the TV show Chuck (NBC Monday 8pm). It's sort of light and funny, with pop culture references and some action and romance and one hunky semi-geeky charismatic tall drink of water leading man, Zachary Levi. I find him sort of spastically charming and also rather pleasing to the eye.

So what delight should arise when I learn that Disney is finally doing an animated version of Rapunzel, with Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore (who I also love) as the main voice actors! What delight indeed.

I really like some of the concept art images giving a peek into the style of the film, but it's unclear whether the end result will actually look that way; I guess they've gone through several revisions.

Who knows, maybe all my many years of hoping for an onscreen rendition of my favorite fairy tale will turn out great, or maybe they'll completely butcher it! My expectation is somewhere in-between -- it's hard to believe that they'd make it as dark as the story I love, but it could be good anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooooo!!!! I'm so excited, too! Love that story also for it's darkness and redemption. And the art shown looks gorgeous. Perhaps, somehow, we can see it together!!!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home