Sunday, October 26, 2008

The months in culture - through October 26

Whew. I haven't exactly been prolific here, but let's move on from that, shall we? And we'll do an abbreviated "last few months" post.

Best thing I watched:
Speak (unexpected, subtle, moving)

Best thing I heard:
The Quest, by Bryn Christopher (it really got stuck in my head)



Read:
Water for Elephants
Three Cups of Tea
Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Marley & Me
Gone Baby Gone
What Was Lost
Belong To Me


Best thing I read:
Gone Baby Gone (dense and unsettling)

Pop culture site:
My friend Heather's blog about her travels in Spain and Portugal.

Soccer highs and lows
A hat trick three two weeks ago -- that was great. Hearing my knee pop as it did this weird wiggle when I landed on it wrong -- that was not so great. It is doing okay, though it doesn't like having weight on it, or anything that requires it to move from side to side. Boo for injuries, though. :(

Best time
Dancing with Josh at his friend Logan's wedding. He never danced with me before(!), but he had enough booze that he felt comfortable, even in his tux. And the music was great. And I had a couple Bay Breezes (though not enough to get me drunk, at all). And all Josh's friends and girlfriends were there, dancing dorky too. Damn that was fun. Dancing is one of my hands-down favorite things to do, and I just don't get a chance to do it often enough.

Second best time
Tea at the Crown and Crumpet in SF with Abbey. She convinced me to take a day off work to head up there with her for some Earl Grey and pastries and a long leisurely chat. And I definitely needed it! That place is uber-cute and we had a fabulous time. I really wish we could hang out more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Crikey, Jube. So I guess you havent' played soccer in a while since popping it? I check out some of your reads, too........

9:07 AM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

ME TOO! (to the hanging out part) :)

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home