Monday, May 22, 2006

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

Five random thoughts that are crossing through my mind today:

1 - I am wearing a green blazer, pink sweater, white "un mouton" t-shirt, and jean skirt. All the green-and-pink-ness combined with the layering is making me feel very Season One Veronica Mars. If only there were a crime I could solve, a vice principal I could smart-mouth, or a headlight-smashing bad boy I could rehabilitate!

2 - The bathroom in my building at work smells like Smarties. This is kind of disturbing, but better than it smelling like a number of other things.

3 - The faucet in the bathroom, which has no hot/cold controls, is set at a scaldingly hot temperature. (Don't worry - I still wash my hands. I usually just stand there in pain for a moment afterward as I dry them.) I am not the kind of person who gives facilities feedback about this sort of thing, but there is a serious ouch factor here.

4 - I haven't been posting much lately. This is because my TV blog is sapping many of my creative juices. If I had more of them, I'd write something as monstrously entertaining as this in-depth look at Cookie Monster's damaged psyche. Instead, I'll just continue to analyze VM and write recaps till my opposable thumbs fall off.

5 - I'm taking my sweet time getting through My Kind of Place. Once I get through it, though, there's plenty on my waiting list. Phil was nice enough to send me two books for read and review. In the category of previous R&R books from Phil, I loved Carter Beats the Devil -- and its cover art -- so very much. I've recommended it to others with positive results as well. However, I never did manage to get into the R&R'd suggestion Flashman, but that may be due to my disinterest in carrying around a book that has boobs on the cover. Dirty! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home