Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pop goes the culture bonanza

I've been long overdue with a linkspam about all my various pop culture devotions. So here ya go.

- I totally agree with Kelly Clarkson that for a song to really resonate, you have to believe the singer, whether or not their vocals are perfect. (Maybe that's why I heart that damn Mandy Moore album so much. This is one of my favorites.)

- Performance artist/writer/actress Miranda July has this crazy-cool website for her new book. It's inventive and interesting, like the kooky lady herself.

- Totally not obsessed with the Reel-Style.com blog. Oh, wait, yes I am. Most of it is trashy "starlets", but there are some classy dames in cute togs, and you can find out where to get them.

- Just...ew. This reminds me why I don't really eat fast food anymore. In fact, looking at it, I might not want to eat anymore, period.

- It makes me happy that I'm not the only one ascribing awkward thoughts and behavior to people in low-rent clothing advertisements.

- Maybe it's a bit extreme, but I like Bruce Willis' method of keeping his daughters' gentlemen callers in line.

- I'm not sure the Goog would ever go this far, but this is kind of an interesting idea. Maybe Dad ought to consider it for Appropedia.org?

- Their marriage on Veronica Mars was totally creepy, and separately I find them both sort of bizarre-looking and non-human, but Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna as a married pair are actually sort of cute. I guess I just dig it when married couples look like they like each other, even if they are somewhat plasticky and/or ho'ed out.

- Looks like I'm not the taken in by Shia LaBoeuf's charms, given his recent popularity in film projects. I'm hoping he has the talent and the class to stick around for a while and not take the typical child star f---up route. If this interview is any indication, he'll be fine. (Too bad he smokes.)

- I'm finally going to read Harry Potter 6. In fact, the plan is this: watch Harry Potter 5 when it comes out next week since I can't remember what in the Hades happened in it; read Harry Potter 6 during the week following so I can be caught up for when...Harry Potter 7 comes out on July 21. I've been spoiled for character deaths in the last two books, and I refuse to have the final book spoiled for me. That would simply suck.

- Want. Dorgi. Pleeeze?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home