Thursday, July 05, 2007

Don't be rash, darling!

So, I had a root canal last week, right? (It was actually a root canal re-do from one I had in high school that was still having issues.) My endodontist was Dr. Mehran Fotovatjah who did an awesome job and it was totally painless and not at all unpleasant, etc. (I encourage those of you who are crappy-toothed and in the area to look into him should you ever require such services.)

So I was taking antibiotics related to the root canal, and the morning after I stopped taking them I noticed a bit of tiny pink spots on my chest and upper arms. I assumed it was related to the pills, called up the doc and he said same. It would go away on its own once the drugs were out of my system. I could take some Benadryl if it got itchy.

Well, it didn't get itchy, but it did get ugly. Later that day my entire self was covered with angry red blotches. Stomach, back, arms, legs, neck, you name it, even my feet were covered with the offensive spots. De-freakin-lightful, but at least it didn't hurt at all. I felt fine, even if I looked heinous. Lucky for me, it was at its worst yesterday, when I had the day off work for the 4th of July. So I was spared public ridicule, shutting myself in the house to watch TV all day, feeling like that kid from Mask, only with no Cher around to comfort me. Alas.

The rash is on its way out now -- the spots are more diffuse but less bright -- to my extreme relief. It's been pretty weird looking down at my arms and legs and feeling that they belong to some spotted alien giraffe demon instead of a human, specifically, me.

Other things that are up with me:

- Thinking this dog is really cute. The one in the middle of the page where he's standing up? !!! (Incomprehensible high-pitched squeals)

- Loving the new Mandy Moore CD to pieces. It's a total post-breakup CD, so not exactly applicable to me in my current romantic situation, but the melodies are catchy, the lyrics honest and memorable, and her voice a better instrument than I'd expected from her previous work.

- A frozen yogurt shop opened directly behind our apartment. It is delicious, theoretically not that bad for us, and open late. This could become a problem.

- Josh has to go to Dublin for work for a week starting next Saturday. You know what that means...Party at my place!!! (Just kidding. That really means "Romantic comedy movie festival at my place." I am a loser.)

Ok, that's it for now. Maybe in the next few days I'll do a pop culture link bonanza post of things I've been saving up for a while. Look forward to it, unless I get too lazy. Which is likely. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home