Monday, March 03, 2008

The week in culture: Feb. 25 - Mar. 2

Watched:
The Feast of Love
Gridiron Gang
Rescue Dawn
Definitely, Maybe
I Could Never Be Your Woman
French Connection II

Read:
Magazines? Though those don't count now do they...I guess this was more of a movie week than a book week. Still, I've broken my streak of at least a book a week. I'll have to do at least 2 next week (which shouldn't be a problem since I've got a 5-hour flight on Thursday.

Spectated:
Warriors v. Sonics - they pulled out a narrow victory, but it was satisfying after that loss to Atlanta the previous week. Also, Kroshere really rocked his minutes -- guess he is trying to make a difference while Biedrins is out. And he is, in his slightly ungainly way.
Warriors v. 76ers -- at last, a resounding victory. Belinelli didn't play (alas!) but we did get to see Brandan Wright with quite a bit of game time, though the guys behind us were pretty big d-bags about it. They also didn't like Kroshere, but that guy has been exhibiting serious hustle lately!

The week in soccer:
A win! A windy wind, too -- it was a gorgeous day but the wind really picked up during the second half and was blowing the ball to many unexpected locations (e.g. out of bounds). I managed to head the ball while on the ground (not a dangerous play) and get called for high-kicking (which was just dumb, since my foot was not near anything delicate and in fact can go waaaay higher than waist-level).

Pop Culture Dorkiness of the Week:
I think I've linked to this before, but Married to the Sea makes some freakin' hilarious comics. They're so wrong, they're right. I think the "Listen, Michael" and the muffins one. But there are so, so many, and many of them just hit the spot. An acerbic delight for any day...and there are over 700 of them so you could read one a day for the next two years or so. (I'm pretty sure you'll want to read them faster than that, they are so fun.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh...How was Def./Maybe?? I was very curious...it could have been great and cheesy-good or awful and cheesy-bad.

Whatcha been up to other than this stuff...

PS Congrats on the Win! Whoo-Hoo! And a little funny that you got "in trouble" ; ) You are just too dangerous! ha ha ha

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home