Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The week in culture: Mar. 3-9

Watched:
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Beverly Hills Cop
Friends with Money
Rendition
Juno
(again -- on the plane)
Wedding Crashers -- Murry's first time seeing it! A perennial fave.


Read:
Bastard Out Of Carolina by Alison Smith. Not really an upper, but well-written; I love the line about her mom "turning down anything that looked like a down payment on something she didn't want to sell."
Screenwriting 434 by Lew Hunter. Not the best I've read, but it makes those mental gears start turning.

Heard:
Life in Slow Motion, David Gray's latest (to me) album. I just love his voice, and the songs are mellow but catchy.

Pop Culture Site of the Week:
I can't remember if I linked to Rich Sommer's blog before, but it's super-cute. He's an actor on a hit show (AMC's Mad Men, but he's very down-to-earth, family-focused, nerdy, and irreverently funny. The best part is how frequently he puts up a slew of adorable pictures of his baby girl, complete with amusing commentary. Dads + kids = win.

Visited:
My big trip of the week was to...New York City! But I'll do a long, dorky post about that later. Don't you worry. ;)

Here's a taste...

Yeah, that's Central Park. It's basically underwater at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home