Monday, August 25, 2008

Mad about it

Today Josh and I started watching Mad Men, which I'd been meaning to check out for ages. It is damn well done -- planned in minute detail, with gorgeous costumes, smart dialogue, and all those throwback references. (Mom, I think Phil would like it.)

What a character they've made in Don Draper. We're barely a few episodes in, but already he's such a mystery man, with plenty of issues, and plenty of charm. I've barely seen any of Joan Holloway yet, but she's already another intriguing office presence.

If anything, I can be glad I don't work at an ad agency in the 1960's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I have been sitting with bated breath to receive my copy of Season One, Disk One of Mad Men.

Damn You for stealing it! ;)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will tell Phil about it. 60's, cool.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home