Friday, August 22, 2008

Tropic of Thunder

Yay for movies! Tonight Josh and I went to see Tropic Thunder. I hadn't really read any reviews, but someone I know said it was disappointing, so my expectations were low. But it exceeded them!

It was idiotic and strange and over the top -- all those things, but funny too. The end was just a little off for me, but I liked Jay Baruchel and I loved Robert Downey Jr. There were some ridiculous scenes but they did at least pack in plenty of humor poked at themselves and the ridiculousness of it. And, as Josh said, there'll probably be some great outtakes!

Now I'll probably end up reading reviews to see what other people thought, but in that dimly lit theater with other people cracking up around me, I enjoyed it.

I'm also happy that I'm slowly but surely knocking movies off my list! Definitely I'll miss some before they make it out of the theaters, but it's good to be going to the movies more frequently again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I have been trying to avoid the reviews for this movie because I really want to see it. I think I'll like it, honestly, if I just think of it as a completely stupid movie. And I already do...so I'm good!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home