Monday, January 30, 2006

A post by any other name...

I admit it - I really like coming up with creative titles for blog posts. I'm not sure why, but it has something to do with the challenge of balancing relevance, brevity and wit to create something pithy and bloggy. It's fun.

[Insert your own joke about Joobie being a lame writer here.]

Lucky for me, I get to create post titles not only for my personal blog, but for my work blog as well. Double the fun! Double true!

Here are a few I've enjoyed dreaming up:

  • Blogtimize!
  • The search for a better search box
  • Out of the box and in your inbox
  • Money talks
  • Bye, bye, beta
  • Getting your RDA of Inside AdSense

I'm particularly proud of the "Money Talks" post - it's one I had fun writing and thought was spot-on in terms of tone. Sometimes I doubt myself as a writer*, but when I read something like that, I'm happy with my work.

Hmm...reading over the titles now, none of them really seems that awesome. Maybe they're better in the context of what each post is about...or maybe I'm just getting overly egotistical about the supposed cleverness of my ideas. Can I downgrade my previous statement to "marginally happy with my work"?

Blog content aside, nothing compares to the Thanksgiving turkey. That's gold, baby!

* Sometimes? Ha! Try all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home