Saturday, August 30, 2008

Birthday girl!

In honor of a certain birthday, here are 28 things I love about Sar.

1. She loves the penguin from The Chipmunk Adventure as much as I do.
2. She can turn a simple errand to buy tire chains into a hilarious adventure.
3. She shares my sentiments regarding Mr. Ferrars, Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, Mr. Rochester, and all the other misters.
4. She knows how to say no.
5. She likes to act like a stupid teenager, too.

6. She once vandalized a sign that supported a ban on gay marriage.
7. She is the best gift wrapper ever.
8. How could I not love my fellow Edgewick creator? To say nothing of Marissa and her ghostly drums...
9. She never says "I told you so."
10. She is a very funny drunk. (Note: not actually drunk in picture.)

11. She once dressed up for Halloween as a bellhop.
12. She painted "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." on her bedroom wall.
13. She has an enviable ability to focus.
14. She once developed an entire dance sequence to We Didn't Start the Fire. (She had help.)
15. She is willing to pose for many an arms-length photo.

16. She flew with me to Austin, for a weekend, to be a dorky fan.
17. Her all too familiar pale gams.
18. Cornelius, Humphrey, and everyone else we've been over the years.
19. She rocks at Apples to Apples.
20. She gives good "Bitch, please" face.

21. She's loyal.
22. If you ever need a duet partner for a Eurythmics tune, she's your gal.
23. She made a fabulous Christine DaaƩ.
24. She can decorate a mean Christmas cookie.
25. She can bust a move.

26. She is a constitution expert.
27. She never stops searching for what will make her happy.
28. Without a doubt, she's gotten wiser, nicer, funnier, and finer with age.

Love you, sissy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I second that. And she's the best daughter, too. (Oops. Sorry, Julie!) hahahahahah

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

LOL at the note to #10. I'm not sure you could say the same for the last picture, though!

Thanks for the tribute, J, and for a rollicking good birthday!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY SARA!!

And what better way to say I Lurve You Sara! than this list!

-I, too, share your love of the penguin from The Chipmunk Adventure...also something I share with my own sister!

-Acting like a stupid teenager is so much better in your 20s than it was when you are an actual stupid teenager!

-Maybe she can spread her knowledge on how to be so focused...I could used the help.

-Hmmm...I wonder who helped her choreograph We Didn't Start the Fire...

-You guys look so much more alike than I ever thought!

-Oh! I love Apples to Apples! You guys would have SO much fun hanging out at Lile Family Parties...we love a good board game!

-Funny mis-reading...as I initially glanced over the list when I first got here, I thought #26 said something about being a "prostitution expert" which I found hilarious as it was under the picture of her dancing with the shirtless man.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home