Friday, August 29, 2008

Game on

Tonight Josh and I got invited to go with a couple of his friends to a pre-season 49ers game. I'd never been to a football game in person, other than the game I went to in Paris a few months ago, and we figured, why not? So we schlepped through post-work traffic to Candlestick.

It was fun, but COLD. It was hot down in PA, so I didn't bring too many layers, because I could barely bear to put on close-toed shoes in my apartment. That was ill-advised, since at the game in my three layers I was still so freaking cold that I couldn't focus on the game until Josh's friends kindly lent me their blanket. Then I managed to pay attention and kinda enjoy the game.

In general, sports are more fun in person. Hockey is super-fun in person; basketball an absolute fave. But football I actually find more engaging as an at-home spectator because there's so much more in the details. It's hard to grasp all that on the larger scale playing field, even though our seats gave us a great vantage point of the entire field.

At any rate, once I warmed up, I had a darn good time and it was nice to try something different. I'm not sure I'll be painting my face red and gold anytime soon though. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Sports really are MUCH better in person. And I do LOVE a good football game...esp. when it's cold. That makes it a true game!

It was FREEZING here last night, too. I wanted to build a fire...Drew said no. :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home