Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The weeks in culture: August something - Sept. 7

Watched:
Quigley Down Under
Mamma Mia
No End in Sight
Shooter
Ridicule
and, as I said, Tropic Thunder

Heard:
ABBA, Ashlee Simpson, and Shania Twain. It has not been a particularly highbrow few weeks.

Read:
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (Yeah, I wanted to see how she'd end it. I never got particularly into the series, but I do appreciate how an author creates a story arc and sees it through to the end. How their vision is realized, what it culminates in. I didn't love it, but I did think the very end -- just the last couple pages -- had a nice twist.)
Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott (Harlots in turn-of-the-century Chicago. Good times.)

The weeks in soccer:
I'm pretty sure they went like this:
1) Great game -- a hat trick by me, though I can't really remember the details.
2) Decent game -- maybe I scored? Maybe we won?
3) Crappy game -- so hot and too few players. I scored, but we lost by a lot. Frustrating and exhausting, other than my goal, which was pretty. Even the ref complimented me on it. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean about Stephanie Meyer. I liked the first two and then it sort of fizzled for me.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home