Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Does liking this book make me a Klostermaniac?

If I were the kind of person who likes to make up slang expressions, which I'm totally not, I would put the phrase "chucked up" in my rotation ASAP. "Chucked up" would be used as a shorthand allusion to Chuck Klosterman's hilarious, irreverent, and sometimes insightful book of essays, Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto, which I've just finished reading.

The semi-positive phrase would mean something along the lines of "culturally self-aware, self-deprecating, and smart." Things that are chucked up would make you laugh at today's popular culture the way you laugh at yourself when you've done something embarrassing in front of a bunch of people you know. Funny, but it makes you blush.

Think of all the ways you could use it!

"Man, that is so chucked up."
"Let's all get chucked up tonight!"
"You really chucked it up just then."

It would be awesome. Or, mindbendingly lame, I just can't decide which. Suffice to say, I really enjoyed the book. If I am a Klostermaniac, at least I'm not a kloset Klostermaniac. Who uses a Kolostomy bag.

Kill me now. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home