Monday, February 27, 2006

My secret shame

No, it's not Mammomax, though that would be applicable. My secret shame is actually Dancing with the Stars, which had its season finale on Sunday night. How to explain my enjoyment of this show? Generally I both eschew and disdain reality TV for its celebration of the mediocre, trashy, and bitchy, but I found myself having fun watching Dancing with the Stars after Josh tuned in one night to see Jerry Rice shake his groove thang. As Dave says, it's "not just bitches crying" - DWTS showcases actual talent and hard work (from most of the participants, anyway--and yes I'm talking to you Master P!).

Drew Lachey, who ended up winning, was my clear favorite from the beginning. Not only did he show consistent improvement from week to week, but he actually appeared to enjoy dancing and threw himself into each performance with complete enthusiasm. The effort Drew put into every routine (along with his sweet and talented partner, Cheryl) made it a pleasure to watch. His final free dance, a rockin' country extravaganza of hip action and boot-stomping goodness, set to Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy, put a big ole smile on my face. Silly? Maybe. But who cares, when you're having that much fun!

I've always had a soft spot for guys who can dance. Or, even if they can't dance, guys who like to dance. For example, how awesome is this?



Don't it just make you wanna shake your booty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home