Monday, November 20, 2006

This post brought to you by things that are great

If I've been remiss in posting recently, it's not for any bad reason. I'm remarkably not stressed lately, maybe for any of the reasons noted below.

1) It's fall! I love fall, and all its exuberant fall colors. There's a tree right outside my window here at work that is just ablaze in red and orange. It looks like the color of a ripe, delicious apple, and I want to bite into it and taste all its crisp glorious treeness.

2) Veronica Mars got renewed! If you know me, you know I love this show, and you know this is one of my top ten reasons for living.

3) Three day week. Less work, more play. Okay, honestly it will end up with me watching movies on my couch while working, but it will still be in my house, and I am totally okay with that.

4) Reading. I've been a bit slower lately, but I'm reading some non-chick lit. Amy and Isabelle is so smart about the complexities of the mother/daughter relationship and the pull that the adult and the foreign have on teenagers. I've got about 50 pages left, and I aim to savor them.

5) New York. I'm going! I've never been, and I'm going next Wednesday, with Josh, for five nights. I hear it's a lovely, festive time of year to visit, though it'll surely be crowded. Any New York aficionados have suggestions for me? I'm already keen to check out The Met, jog around Central Park, and wander around SoHo. Food recs most especially welcome.

Okay, that's it for now. More glee as soon as I can muster it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the South, Wangissimo!!
That sounds a pretty traditional southern dish. Bacon fat or lard is really a normal ingredient for TRUE southern flavoring! : ) Yum! (Arteries Clogging) So Good!

4:13 PM  
Blogger car said...

Short list from our visit last thanksgiving. We saw the Macy's parade... so cool!
I LOVE NYC. (oh, get one of those tees... )


Seriously, NYC is so rich with different experiences you can enjoy!
GREAT FOOD, GREAT SHOWS, GREAT CLUBS, BARS, and of course, GREAT
LOOKING PEOPLE (and not like the skanks in LA)!! Just some
suggestions, but please consider them as NYC is not a place you should
overlook its uniqueness... it is not like any other city!

Dinosaur BBQ... in harlem
http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/restaurant-review-dinosaur-b
bq-redux/ (Restaurant review)
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/nyc/menu/lunch_dinner/index.html (menu)

AVENUE Q...
http://www.avenueq.com/
I don't think I've seen a show I can relate to more!! Trust me, I've
seen MANY musicals and plays! (I'm seeing putnam county spelling bee in SD on DEC 10th... but it seemed like something great to see on broadway! among others.)

Magnolia cupcakes... sex in the city anyone? were you a fan?
it's good, but I don't think it's as AMAZING as... well... you know...
the frosting is good! In my opinion it's not worth the 30min wait...
but then again, you gotta try it once!
401 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10014-2452
(212) 462-2572
Cross Street: 11th Street
Directions: A, C, E; L at 14th St-8th Ave

While you're on Bleecker St., try Bleecker St. Pizza!!!
NY pizza is like no other!! AND IT's CHEAP!!!!!!! I think this is on
Bleecker and 6th! but don't quote me!

Grey's papaya hot dog!
SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOO cheap and SOSOSOSOSOSOSO a local thing... gotta
try it... $.50/hotdog!
402 6th Avenue (corner of 6th ave and 8th street)

Hotel Gansevoort!
Go to the bar on top... GREAT VIEW OF THE HUDSON, drinks are a little
pricy, but it's like that anyways in NYC... about $12/drink.

View from the Rockefeller... don't bother with the Empire State
Building if you don't have like 5hrs to wait in line. Besides, you can
see the Empire State Building from here. While you're at it... do try
ice skating at the Rockefeller if they still have it! Classic!
Romantic... A MUST!!

Ground 0...
if you haven't yet.

Central Park (if you haven't)

OK!!!! YOU MUST MUST MUST MUST go have some pastrami at KATz's....I
dont' care what else you eat... you must get some pastrami here... you
will no longer like other pastrami made by FOOLS!!! Also, this is where
they filmed "when harry met sally"... you know, that seen where she's
having a kaniption.
205 E Houston St
New York, NY 10002-1098
(212) 254-2246
Cross Street: Ludlow Street
Directions: F, V at 2nd Ave

this is the short list... i'll fill you in more later... none of these
suggestions (except AVE q) is over $20/person... trust me, john and I
aren't made of $$$... but one can still have a superb time in NYC!

ok... more to come...
Carmen

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home